Shady Colors is one of Michael and Carole’s fabulous collaborations, an intermediate-level geometric counted canvas design. It includes shading in geometric stitches, choosing colors, thread blending, controlling overdyed threads, plus some really cool stitches. The design is based on three colors of Elegance from Rainbow Gallery. Other threads include Kreinik braid in #8 and #12, 4 shades of Soie Cristale, 5 shades of Impressions, Flair and Bijoux.
The design is worked on 18-mono canvas. The finished design size is approximately 9 inches square. The working canvas is 13 inches square.
Stitches used in the design include laid filling stitches, variations on the Rhodes stitch, and lots of counted twisty stitches like the double fan doubled and a shaded square Jessica.
As Carole and Michael so often do, they’ve picked a wide variety of color possibilities for this fast, fun and easy geometric piece. We’ve got a color combination to suit everyone – plus a couple of elegant monochromatic choices!
1. Yellow/violet on buttercream canvas
2. Orange/blue on French blue canvas
3. Blue/orange on French blue canvas
4. Green/red on Victorian green canvas
5. Amethyst/blue on French blue canvas
6. Blue/pink on rose blush canvas
7. Green/lavender on lilac canvas
8. Mauve/blue on antique blue canvas
9. Periwinkle/aqua on aquamarina canvas
10. Gray and silver colorway on pewter canvas
11. Ecru and white colorway on eggshell canvas
$15 for emailed pdf file
$20 for printed copy mailed USPS
or order through PayPal: